In conjunction with Cheshire Police, Halton Lodge Primary School is involved in an initiative called Operation Encompass.
The purpose of Operation Encompass is to safeguard and support children and young people who have been involved in, heard or witnessed a domestic abuse incident.
Following such an incident, children will often arrive at school distressed, upset, worried and unprepared. Operation Encompass aims to ensure that appropriate school staff (called Key Adults) are made aware early enough to support children and young people in a way that means they feel safe and included.
At our school the Key Adults are Mr Hilldrup (Headteacher) Mrs Ellis (Assistant Headteacher, SENDCO and Designated Safeguarding Officer) and Mrs Sproston (Deputy Headteacher).
This is a valuable initiative that means we can continue to support and help children and families within our school community when they need it the most. You can find our more by visiting www.operationencompass.org or by contacting one of our Key Adults.
Reading Scheme and Curriculum Plans
At Halton Lodge Primary School we use Letters & Sounds as our main scheme of work for teaching phonics.
The books the children are encouraged to read include Oxford Reading Tree, Songbirds and Collins Big Cat books. For more information on our approach to teaching phonics or reading please contact our school’s Reading & Phonics Leaders Mrs Harvey and/or Mrs Parkhill.
Our Individual Reading Scheme consist of a wide range of books – all of which are banded into colours (from Lilac band through to Diamond) and the children are supported to read a range of fiction, non-fiction and poetry within each band.
For more information about our school curriculum, please contact our EYFS Leader Miss Moran or our Curriculum Leader (and Deputy Headteacher) Mrs Sproston.
Documents & Policies
- Aims of our school
- Behaviour Management and Child Restraint Policy 2017 18
- School Complaints Procedure 2017 18
- Charging and Remissions Policy 2017 18
- Data Protection Policy
- Freedom of Information Policy
- Governor Attendance Register 2016 -17
- Governors’ Impact Statement 2016 – 17
- Roles and Responsibilities of the Governing Body 2017_18
- Halton Lodge – Leave of Absence Policy
- Halton Lodge Primary School Child Friendly
- Halton Lodge Reading Policy 2017_18
- Health and Safety Policy 2017 18
- Home School Agreement 2017_18
- PE and Sport Premium Plan 2017_18
- PE and Sport Premium Impact Statement 2016 17
- PE and Sport Premium Evaluated Plan 2015/16
- Privacy Notice – How We Use Pupil Information 2017_18
- Sex and Relationships Education Policy
- Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy 2017-18
- HLPS SEN Information Report 2017 18
- SEND Policy Halton Lodge 2017-18
- Supporting Pupils at School with Medical Conditions Policy 2017_18
- Whistleblowing Policy
Halton Lodge Primary School
© 2017 Halton Lodge Primary School