In conjunction with Cheshire Police, Halton Lodge Primary School is involved in an initiative called Operation Encompass.
The purpose of Operation Encompass is to safeguard and support children and young people who have been involved in, heard or witnessed a domestic abuse incident.
Following such an incident, children will often arrive at school distressed, upset, worried and unprepared. Operation Encompass aims to ensure that appropriate school staff (called Key Adults) are made aware early enough to support children and young people in a way that means they feel safe and included.
At our school the Key Adults are Mr Hilldrup (Headteacher) Mrs Ellis (Assistant Headteacher, SENDCO and Designated Safeguarding Officer) and Mrs Dixon-Gibbon (Deputy Headteacher).
This is a valuable initiative that means we can continue to support and help children and families within our school community when they need it the most. You can find our more by visiting www.operationencompass.org or by contacting one of our Key Adults.
Reading Scheme and Curriculum Plans
At Halton Lodge Primary School we use Letters & Sounds as our main scheme of work for teaching phonics.
At Halton Lodge Primary School we strive to deliver a broad, well-balanced and knowledge rich curriculum, which exposes children to opportunities through which they can become active and increasingly independent learners. This ethos is underpinned by half termly topic weeks.
During these weeks, children are posed an over-arching learning challenge (topic question) which they explore through a variety of learning opportunities within the week. Each year group completes two geography, two history, two D.T and two Art focused topic weeks throughout the school year. At the beginning of the topic week, the children take part in a ‘WOW’ launch to the week, this may be a trip or a workshop. This gives each child an exciting and engaging first-hand experience on which to build their knowledge during the week. Children are encouraged to investigate and explore key concepts with increasing independence throughout the week enabling them to develop their own opinions and ideas which are underpinned by in depth knowledge about key concepts.
The books the children are encouraged to read include Oxford Reading Tree, Songbirds and Collins Big Cat books. For more information on our approach to teaching phonics or reading please contact our school’s Reading & Phonics Leader Mrs Harvey.
Our Individual Reading Scheme consist of a wide range of books – all of which are banded into colours (from Lilac band through to Diamond) and the children are supported to read a range of fiction, non-fiction and poetry within each band.
For more information about our school curriculum, please contact our EYFS Leader (and Deputy Headteacher) Mrs Dixon-Gibbon or our Curriculum Leader Miss Whiting.
Documents & Policies
- Aims of our school
- Accessibility Plan
- Behaviour Management and Child Restraint Policy 2019_20
- Complaints Procedure
- Charging and Remissions Policy
- Data Protection Policy including GDPR
- E-Safety and Data Security Policy 2019_20
- Freedom of Information Policy
- Halton Lodge Primary School Child Friendly
- Halton Lodge Reading Policy 2017_18
- Health and Safety Policy
- Home School Agreement
- Homework Policy
- Impact Statement for PE and Sport Premium Spending in 2018_19
- Lettings Policy 2019_20
- PE and Sport Premium Spending Plan for 2019_20
- Privacy Notice – How We Use Pupil Information
- Pupil Premium Spending Impact Statement for 2018_19
- Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy for HLPS 2019-20
- SEN Information Report
- SEND Policy 2019_20
- SEND Policy Appendix 1 – HLPS Support Plan
- SEND Policy Appendix 2 – HLPS Support Plan Review Sheet
- SEND Policy Appendix 3 – HLPS Behaviour Support Plan
- Sex and Relationships Education Policy
- Supporting Pupils at School with Medical Conditions Policy
- Teaching and Learning Policy 2019_20
- Whistleblowing Policy
Halton Lodge Primary School